The Greenwich Public School provides education to students ages 3-21 eligible under IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) through a continuum of district services and supports. Students are educated with their non-disabled peers in the general education classes, Special Education classes, and related services.
Special education (student support services) professionals provide direct services for all children and youth, especially those who are experiencing problems that create barriers to learning. Student support services include health services, school psychology, Section 504, social work, school counselors, Extended School Year, and homebound instruction.
Cos Cob School has a full complement of building staff to support all of our students, including but not limited to:
- School psychologist Alison Philips;
- School Nurse Jessica Wieneke (please click on the School Nurse's page);
- Special education teachers Kelli Cittadino, Annmarie Gieparda, and Melissa Rogers (for more information, click on GPS SpED services);
- Speech and language specialist Sarita Bordon;
- Literacy specialists Joleigh Nelson-Mora and Jenn Donat;
- ESL teacher Jennifer Sjimons;
- ALP (Advance Learning Program) teachers Christopher Muccio and Tracey Salvatore.